Friday, June 7, 2013

Old Reviews: Y tu Mama tambien

One of my favorite '00s movies, Alfonso Cuaron's 2001 "Y tu Mama tambien," is also on Netflix Instant. It's one of the sexiest movies I have ever seen. It's especially sexy because it's so artfully done, and it really is an interesting study of relationships. The film is a road movie about two male teens and one female in her 20s. Maribel Verdu (I only just realized that she's the homely servant in Pan's Labyrinth; she looks a lot different!) is my favorite part about this movie, but Gael Garcia Bernal and Diego Luna are really good as well. The cinematography is very beautiful as well, as one would expect since it's lensed by master Emmanuel Lubezki. It's not going extinct on March 1st on Netflix Instant, but I wanted to recommend one of my favorite movies of all-time anyway. Watch it, youse!

No comments:

Post a Comment