Friday, June 7, 2013

Old Reviews: Harold & Maude and Chinatown

Classics. I'm cheating this week by recommending two classics from the 70s instead of giving more of a variety. The first is Hal Ashby's 1971 "Harold & Maude." I have only just recently watched this for the first time. It was great and really captures interesting features of the time. I won't ruin who dies. Soundtrack by Cat Stevens! It's only on Netflix Instant for one more week!

The second is Roman Polanski's 1974 neo-noir "Chinatown." I must say that this is a very complex movie. I had to watch a few times to fully appreciate all the details of the plot and mystery. Well, or maybe I just got older as I watched it again and again. The cinematography is very enjoyable. Jack Nicholson, as usual, is perfect. (Speaking of Jack Nicholson, everyone should give "The Shining" a recent viewing as the documentary on it "Room 237" is coming soon!) It's only on Netflix Instant for one more week! Look for the Roman Polanski cameo!

No comments:

Post a Comment