Friday, June 7, 2013

Old Reviews: House of Cards and Arrested Development (Seasons 1-3)

Wes's recommendations: TV on Netflix edition!

First is the all new Netflix original series, "House of Cards." It's good, better than most TV, I suspect. The entire first season is on Netflix Instant. Kevin Spacey and his little asides are awesome, Robin Wright as Kevin Spacey's wife is awesome, and Corey Stoll is even awesomer (the best part of the season, really). The style of the show looks like a David Fincher movie (see Social Network or Zodiac). Other than a few episodes, chiefly 4-6, the season is extremely consistent. It's a fun story, and it doesn't become too contrived. The women are very good in the show, but they aren't given very interesting stories. Like I said, Robin Wright is very good, but every time the show turned to her story, I couldn't have cared less. Other than that my biggest complaint is that Kevin Spacey seems invincible. Well, and I suppose I don't think the show has much "staying power" or rewatchability value, but I am definitely looking forward to season 2!

If it is staying power and a massive rewatchability value, then I recommend my favorite comedy TV show of all-time, "Arrested Development." It is also on Netflix Instant. I know a lot of you have probably already seen it, but I am also sure a lot of you find yourself rewatching episode after episode. And for those of you you haven't seen it, watch it now and get caught up with the rest of us because season 4 is coming soon only on Netflix Instant!

No comments:

Post a Comment