Friday, June 7, 2013

Old Reviews: True Legend and This is Spinal Tap

Popcorn flicks you should watch before March 1st.

For all you die-hard martial arts fans (like me), I'm recommending Yuen Woo-ping's 2010 "True Legend." Yeun Woo-ping is one of the best fight choreographers/directions of all-time. This movie is a little weird, but the fight scenes are awesome and fun to watch. I can't remember what it's about, but that's not really the point. Seriously, though, it's a pretty fulfilling martial arts movie.

For all you die-hard rock mockumentary fans (?), I'm recommending Rob Reiner's 1984 "This is Spinal Tap." Make sure to watch it one volume level 11. No, not 10; but 11. This fake documentary follows the band "Spinal Tap" as they hold concerts to market their new album, "Smell the Glove." The cover of the album is extremely sexy. A great moment in the film is the concert with a "to scale" replica of Stonehenge. Hilarious. I almost hesitate to call this a popcorn film, because I'm afraid you'll miss some of the more subtle jokes if you're focusing on popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment