Friday, June 7, 2013

Old Reviews: The Fall and Broken Arrow

Tarsem Singh's 2006 "The Fall" is worth watching just for the visuals. The black and white intro is particularly beautiful and obviously inspired by Tarkovsky. (Maybe I just see Tarkovsky everywhere.) Catinca Untaru is also extremely adorable. The film blends reality with fantasy in interesting ways. Sometimes it's a bit much and a bit melodramatic, but seriously the visuals is where it's at!

John Woo's 1996 "Broken Arrow" is a childhood favorite of mine. It's been awhile since I've seen it, and it's probably not very good overall. But if you're looking for some pretty spectacular explosions from Woo, look no further. I don't think I'll ever get the image of John Travolta's character bashing in somebody's trachea out of my mind. Ouch! Dead. Check it out. It's Woo's second English-language movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment