Friday, June 7, 2013

Old Reviews: Groundhog Day and The Crying Game

Popcorn flicks. Harold Ramis's 1993 "Groundhog Day" is only on Netflix Instant for one more week! It's like the pop version of Bela Tarr's 2011 "Turin Horse." It's a movie that is really funny and witty. Bill Murray classic.

Neil Jordan's 1992 romance/thriller "The Crying Game" is my other popcorn flick o' the week. I remember when my grandma showed me this, and the "shock" was really shocking. But having just recently rewatched this gem, I think it was fairly obvious. So naive, I was. This movie is interesting because it's almost like two different movies wrapped into one. A decent comparison might be a cross between David Lynch's "Blue Velvet" and Quentin Tarantino's "Pulp Fiction." It's on Netflix Instant!

No comments:

Post a Comment